Thursday, August 26, 2010

Am I too much?

One of my biggest, natural personality is; once I have something on my hands, I'll do my very best to it! 

I don't know whether I should consider this as a good thing about me, or, something else. But yesterday night, someone made me realised that I am too much on Giving My Best already.

"Maegyvear, you should take a rest."

"Maegyvear, no need for you to come for the meeting. We can handle and help you to guide the juniors."

"Maegyvear, you look too tired. Better focus for your study and exam. A2 is just around the corner. Better for you to slow down first, and during KI, then you can continue serve and Give You Best back."

He made me realised! Thanks. People are busy studying now. Some people take 3 subjects. And, some of them choose to take 4 subjects. But, mine? 5 subjects! But yet, I've joined meetings here and there, doing other stuff which I'm not suppose to get busy with now, and still busy handling CF, even though I handed them over to the new committee.

Why I'm doing so? Because, I want to make sure that I handover CF perfectly and successfully so that I can finish my A-level with a great, satisfied smile! Even though I have to sacrifice a lot of things. Huhu. Melzie SMS me today, inviting me to have dinner at Pizza Hut with them. My housemate asked me to have outing with them. Watching movie? Erm. I refused to go, and actually, can't do so. I am different. TIME is the most precious for me now. But CF? Its my responsibility.

"Maegyvear, its your time to rest. Now is our turn to help you to handle CF. You have to remember that you are taking 5 subjects. You need to study more than us. You worked too hard already. Don't put yourself into a risk."

I don't know! Should I leave them just like that, and I am studying at my apartment? What will they think about me? Irresponsible??? I'm worry about people's misjudgement on me. What if they don't understand? Or, maybe they have the same opinion like him? I need to slow down my activities?

Even my lecturers advice me to slow down a bit! My seniors too. Am I doing too much thing, which I'm not suppose to be now?

Am I too much?


P/S: By the way, thanks Mark Noel for waking me up, and opened my eyes to see this thing.

3 comments:

Joan said...

as other people said, i think you should concentrate on your study right now because exam is coming. although exam is not everything in our life, but it still plays a important role in the life. imagine if you can't pass the exam, how could you serve to others, giving your best to all those people who need you as a doctor in your future, right? this world really needs a doctor who has a strong passion like you.


i know CF is so important for you. but since you have handled CF to the new committee members, you should have trust them that they can do as well as you just like what you did to CF before, right? you can guide them whenever they need, but don't too over lor k?

just like what you told me,"spend your time wisely." okay? =)

Maegyvear said...

Thanks Joan! So inspiring indeed!

Edwin Loh Ern-Wei said...

Do your best, leave it to us. Not completely, at least you have to learn how to let go, just a bit. Life has to be practical also.

But don't let studies overpower your life. Remember, He still takes control of everything!