Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Church Sport Event 2009

I've just finished the Paroki Sport event between 12 zones in my area (Penampang; under Paroki of St. Micheal). It was such an awesome sport event to get new friends, meet old friends, be closer to God and reunite the Christian community in our area. Well, this is the 5th dwi-sport event of the year! Usually, they will have this sport around November. But, for this year, they make it during the Hari Raya holiday. Fortunately, I went back home. Then, I can join the event. However, they have already selected the representative for each event, so I just come as a reserve for those who unable to compete during that time. They asked me to prepare for 400m, 800m, 3000m, 4x1oom and 4x400m.

Arghh..I haven’t prepared well!!! On Saturday, I have some training with my team. Well, the training makes me exhausted! I got muscular pain! Owh..what I am going to do??? The competition will be on Monday! With that condition, I've decided to drop 400m, 800m and 4x100m open category which are on Monday. I’ve planned to have rest so that I can focus for 3000m (open category) on Tuesday. However, the thing is just the same. I’m still in bad condition of health.

But, I don’t want to disappoint my team. So, I just take the challenge, running with that muscular pain! Then, out of 16 representatives, I got number 5th. Thanks God as I managed to run until the finishing line. Yes, I have thinking to stop running during the competition, but my team are supporting me. Not only my team, but also the PBSM (I don’t know who they are), my friends and other athletes (my team last year during sport event for state level). Thanks to all of you!!!



After warming up for 3000m Open Category (Got number 5th)



With my team - Zon 1 Babagon

-I'm the yellow one-

3 comments:

Melzie said...

Trust Maeggie to wear the t-shirt that *shines*

Lazslo Gillie said...

Congratz,bro...laju juga ko ar...kala nafas je,lagipun u got injured time training d Timpangoh aritu...if not,maybe 1 medal for surekan?...well,TIDAK APALAH,YANG PENTING PENYERTAAN!!...B>A>B>A>G>O>N...BABAGON!!Yeeahh!! Kita kala tapi none of them beat our sporting spirits...he,

Bibiran said...

jom nyanyi sama2....tida apa laaaa..yg penting penyertaannnn..huhu..anyway,congrats 2 u coz habiskan larian..hehe..